Tight Budget Winter Trip



I had my Winter trip this year in Spain for 13 days and I logged each and every money flow in and out of my pockets. I had my starting budget at 500 Euros. These are the distribution for 2 weeks trip in Spain (approx).

30% - Souvenirs and admission tickets
25% - Accommodation
25% - Eating out
7% - Transport

The rest are clothes, groceries, drinks, medicine, and charity make up approx. 13% of my total budget (which I add up another 100 Euros more during the trip). I try to be this detail on this trip. We'll see if the percentage is the same for my next trip so I can confirm and set to reduce my spend on souvenirs.

Notice that this exclude the flight tickets and buses between cities as I paid using the different currency. I'll try to include that on my next trip so the figure will be clearer.

Few techniques that I use to benchmark the price:

1. Accommodation pp. per night
< GBP 10 - cheap
> GBP 15 - expensive

2. Admission ticket
> EUR 15 - expensive (If you have to then go ahead, some place might be important and cannot be missed).

3. Eating out
Keep it below EUR 10 pp.

4. Postcard
< EUR 0.30 - cheap
> EUR 0.50 - expensive

5. Fridge Magnet
< EUR 2.00 - Okay
> EUR 2.30 - expensive

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered By Blogger